Friday, February 20, 2015

My #dailyELTroutine

I recently came across this post in Joanna's blog about her daily teaching routine. It's inspired me to write about my typical day.

Country: Russia
*Most of the time my schedule is so relaxed that sometimes I even feel a little guilty about it :)

9.00-10.30 Wake up. Yes, it's that late! In winter, especially from November to January, it's almost impossible to wake up earlier than that. Although I used to do it last year when I had two 8 am classes a week. Lately, the sun has been appearing more often, so it's really pleasant to wake up to this view.


10.00-12.00 Have coffee, browse the Internet, start preparing. I have a rule of preparing a lesson a day in advance, so I'm never in a rush. So if it's Tuesday today, I'm preparing for Wednesday classes. I also have two skype lessons a week that start at 11.00am

12.00-13.00 Prepare lunch, get ready, go! I go to my school twice a week and it takes about an hour to get there. I like getting there 30-40 minutes  in advance, so I can print, copy, cut everything I need and lay them out in a convenient way. This way, I don't have to think about having the right paper during the class. If I don't go to school, I go to my students who luckily live nearby or have lessons in my place (in this case a proper cleaning is involved beforehand)

15.00-20.30 Classes! Usually, I have 3-4 back-to-back classes which can be exhausting. Sometimes I can sneak in a cup of a tea or a banana or a chat with a colleague :) But more often I feel drained by the end of the day, so I take it slowly on the way back and try to unwind before coming home.

22.00-24.00 Home time, an episode of "Seinfeld" and sleep!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anastasia!! I loved it!! Thanks for sharing your #dailyeltroutine. Nice to see what a typical ELT day is like in Russia : )

    ReplyDelete